Adult Community Supports
Care & Comfort provides Adult Community Supports. Services are available for adults 18 years of age or older with a diagnosis
of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
Individuals' are presented with resources to obtain and enhance life experience within their community.
Care & Comfort's skilled and certified Direct Support Professionals encourage each individual to engage in social activities and
community integration. Therapeutic activities are identified through the Person Centered Plan Process with the focus of the individual's
needs and desires. The day is structured to include individual and group activities.
Services are available in the community, in-home and/or at the Dempsey Learning Center in downtown Waterville and at our Wilton Branch.
- Teach/support health and wellbeing skills
- Explore community resources and opportunities (public transportation)
- Provide program based activities
- Encourage and support participation in Special Olympic events
- Access career centers, department stores, post office and banks
- Visits to parks, walking trails and other cultural trips
- Teach/support money management skills
- Alfond Center, clubs and other social civic organizations
- Facilitate social interactions/natural supports
- Learning safety skills (crossing the street, getting support, self-protection)
- Volunteering opportunities
- Teach/support personal hygiene and appearance skills
- Community connections- Libraries, museums, theaters and other areas of interest
- Introduce new community settings
- Encourage participation in therapeutic games, hobbies and indoor/outdoor sports